The 3-Day Diet is a fad diet, that is, a weight-loss diet that had rapidly gained popularity, but at one time whose popularity had faded. It had been a well-known diet from 1985. The 3 Day Diet is a regimented diet plan that still exists in textbooks and is practiced by some to lose weight fast, lower cholesterol, cleanse, and increase energy levels. . It is purely a diet plan that does not recommend any type of exercise along with the diet.
The 3-Day Diet is often incorrectly referred to as the Cleveland Clinic Diet. This diet plan must be followed for exactly three consecutive days. This should be replaced with a normal diet for the next four to five days, after which the 3 day diet plan should be opted for again. Those who follow the 3 day diet plan are sure to lose weight of up to 10 pounds in just three days. If you follow this diet regimen for a month, you can lose up to 40 pounds in 30 days. However, it is a fact that the weight lost due to the 3 Day Diet is probably fluid weight and not fat weight.
A strict diet of the specified foods must be taken in the exact proportions specified when following the 3 Day Diet. Eating in excess or below the specified amounts will deprive the person of the benefits of the 3 Day Diet.
Below is the 3 day diet meal plan
for the first day
- Breakfast: Have a cup of black tea or black coffee, a single slice of toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and half a grapefruit.
- Lunch: Take a slice of toast and half a cup of tuna.
- Dinner: Have two slices or about three ounces of any type of lean meat. A cup of beets, a cup of green beans, an apple (a small one), and a cup of vanilla ice cream (regular size).
for the second day
- Breakfast: Have an egg, half a banana, a slice of toast, and a cup of black tea or black coffee.
- Lunch: Have half a cup of tuna or cottage cheese and five numbers of regular crackers.
- Dinner: Have two slices of beef, a cup of cabbage or broccoli, half a banana, half a cup of carrots, and a half cup of vanilla ice cream (regular size).
for the third day
- Breakfast: Have a cup of black tea or black coffee, five pieces of regular crackers, an apple, and an ounce of cheddar cheese.
- Lunch: Have a cup of black tea or black coffee, a boiled egg, a slice of toast.
- Dinner: Have a cup of tuna, a cup of cauliflower, a cup of carrots, a cup of cantaloupe, and a half cup of regular vanilla ice cream.
Dieters consuming the 3 Day Diet, along with prescribed foods, drink more than 9 glasses of water or any other non-caloric beverage. Substitutes of any type of food cannot be used in this diet. No condiments or flavorings allowed. However, salt and pepper can be added according to taste.
The magical force behind
Wondering how this diet helps you lose so much weight in such a short amount of time? There is no written record of how the 3 Day Diet works in cleansing the system, burning fat, improving energy levels, and lowering cholesterol. However, the way it works in weight loss is supposed to be as follows.
This unique blend of the specified foods works magically to create a particular type of metabolic reaction in your body. Certain types of chemicals in these foods are believed to improve your metabolism and burn fat at a higher rate than it normally does.
The return to normal diet style after these 3 days of dieting is to prevent your system from slowing down your metabolism, re-storing fat and preventing you from starving. As long as you alternate this 3 Day Diet with 4 to 5 days of normal diet, you can do countless days of this type of diet.
The disadvantages of the 3 Day Diet plan
- The diet is very low in carbohydrates. Since carbohydrates are responsible for retaining water, weight loss is initially due to the reduction of carbohydrates from your diet. So once you return to your normal eating habits, you tend to gain back the weight you lost.
- The diet does not offer you the nutrition that your body needs.
- The diet is very monotonous so dieters tend to love their old eating habits more and thus go back to it once again. So, in most cases, the resolution to lose weight is left in the middle.
- The belief that the 3 Day Diet works because of a single metabolic reaction is not based on any solid foundation.
- The weight loss achieved is also due to the severity of caloric restriction which is not good for health.
- Since this diet consists of cutting a lot of calories, it would be necessary for you to stop working during these three days.
- If you have a regular exercise program, you should restrict your exercise to the minimum possible, as you will experience lower energy levels. And this can cause you to get off topic and getting back into your usual routine can be difficult.
- Rapid weight loss is not permanent and it is likely that you will gain back the lost weight soon.
- Fad dieting can put your body into starvation mode.
Although the diet plan advises a strict diet, it is better to stop if you feel very dizzy or too tired. Take care.