Walt Disney had a dream of creating the perfect Disney World. Disney had already built Disneyland in California, but wanted to learn from their experiences and create the perfect environment. A true world of Disney. Sadly, Walt Disney never saw his vision come true. Construction began in 1967, a year after Walt’s death.
The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World is the most visited theme park in the world with more than 16 million visitors in 2006. It is now just one part of the vast area of Disney theme parks, water parks, shops, resorts and Disney entertainment. . which we know as Walt Disney World. Here are some fun Magic Kingdom secrets!
1. Magic Kingdom Park opened on October 1, 1971. It was the first park to open at Walt Disney World.
2. Borrow the concept from your Disneyland California design. Visitors enter the park on Main Street. Cinderella’s castle dominates the view. When you walk down Main Street, you have no idea that the buildings are not big. Disney uses a technique of forced perception to create the illusion. Guests are unaware that the second and third floors of the Main Street buildings are not full size. The 189-foot-tall Cinderella Castle appears much taller due to the design of the buildings on Main Street and also the design of the castle itself.
3. Disney actually wanted to reduce the crowds on opening day in 1971. Having learned from the difficulties of Disneyland’s opening day, they wanted to be able to correct any operational difficulties and last minute problems before the mass of guests began to arrive. to get. That is why they chose a date in October to open Magic Kingdom. Even the official Magic Kingdom opening ceremony and media events were delayed until the end of October so that everything could be as perfect as possible.
4. Beneath Magic Kingdom is a massive network of underground tunnels and corridors known as Utilidors. The story goes that Walt Disney was upset when he saw a Frontierland cowboy walking through Tomorrowland at Disneyland. I wanted the perfect Disney World park without visitors ever knowing how the park worked. Therefore, Utilidors were incorporated into the Magic Kingdom design to allow all behind-the-scenes functions to continue without Disney theme park visitors knowing how it was done.
5. When Magic Kingdom Park opened, two Disney hotels also debuted. They were Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Guests were surprised that the Disney World Monorail actually cuts through the Contemporary Resort lobby.
6. The price of admission to Magic Kingdom on opening day was $ 4.95. The price of a one-day ticket to Magic Kingdom today is $ 67.
7. It is almost impossible to get a table at Cinderella’s Royal Table, which is the restaurant located in Cinerella’s Castle. Advance dinner reservations open 180 days in advance and sell out in minutes.
Disney’s Magic Kingdom contains many secrets from both past and present – enjoy exploring the most magical place on earth.